Sunday, March 23, 2014

Former WISE Project

March 23-This past week, Ms. Lord gave us the WISE Project of a former student who's project related closely to our own. I received Paul Westin's project because he had written a piece for the IHS Jazz Band. I was actually a freshmen that year, and I remember rehearsing a performing Paul's piece. It was fascinating to see all the different stages that he went through to achieve his final result. I remember seeing small changes to certain sections after we began rehearsal, but I really enjoyed being able to see all the work he put in up to that point.

Reading Paul's blog was very inspiring to me because I saw that he struggled with blogging in the same way that I have. And of course, the reason for his absence from the blogosphere was because he was in the Pit Orchestra for the musical. His blog was so well written, and it showed both his successes as well as his failures. It was inspirational to read something that sounded so human and so relate-able.

It was also very neat to read about what came out of Paul's mentor meetings, because I would always see him conducting his meetings with Ms. Zawel in the band room. (I like it when stories come full circle. Hopefully mine will too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment