Friday, April 11, 2014

Verse 1 (better)

With my new developments concerning the verse, I had to schedule an emergency meeting with Ms. Zaryski to try and work out some of the kinks while it was still fresh in my mind.
The following are the notes I took from our meeting regarding the phrasing and form:

  • strong words get strong beat (beats 1 and 3)
  • write first verse with melody, then go back and write the other verses to fit that melody
  • journey from whole school and end with graduates (last verse should be special message to graduates)
  • "heart lies here with Ithaca" OR "heart lies with your Ithaca"
  • change "you" and "your" to "we" and "our"
Using these notes, I'm going to go back to the drawing board and make some modifications and hopefully write more lyrics. 
I'm starting to get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment