Friday, April 18, 2014

Looking Back

I want to look back at something I posted a few weeks ago about Paul Westin's blog and what I learned from it.

I was thinking back on it the other day and there is one thing that is sticking with me about his experience that I really loved. About halfway through his entries, he made the point that he wasn't doing this project to get a good grade. That's what other classes are for. WISE gives us the opportunity to do what we want to do and get a grade based on what we've done.

This point made me realize that I'm doing this because I love music and I want Ithaca High School to have a point of unity among the student body, as well as the teachers. This isn't about me and what I can do for myself. It's about me, and what I can do for my school. This has really changed my perspective on the project, and I hope to begin reaping the benefits of my change of mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment