Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Late Surge

In a sudden surge last night, and a series of about 24 emails back and forth between Ms. Zaryski and me, I finished the alma mater. When I look at it, I am so proud. These became the final lyrics, and honestly, I was making changes right up to the very last second, so don't feel ripped off that you haven't gotten to see some of these yet.

Verse:
Far beneath the pathways of Cornell
And the college high upon South Hill
There lies a school in Ithaca
Where the youngest minds are filled                       

Verse:
With inspiring words and knowledge
Innovation, creativity
So much to learn from Ithaca
Education is our creed.

B Section: 
Our Ithaca, our Ithaca
Diverse, yet unified       
Our Ithaca, our Ithaca                  

We stand and sing with pride

Verse:
For our love of friendships made here
And of dreams we've yet to see unfold
Our hearts belong to Ithaca
The future still untold

Coda:
We will always love our Ithaca
The home of red and gold!

I am in love with this. Today we will sing for the very first time, Our Ithaca, the Ithaca High School Alma Mater.



No comments:

Post a Comment