Tuesday, June 3, 2014

YES!

We just sang my alma mater for the first time in choir rehearsal, and it was more amazing than I ever could have imagined. The overwhelming sense of pride that I felt for accomplishing such a task was insane, and I honestly got slightly misty-eyed as Ms. Zaryski shot me a look as we were singing it that said "you did it". The power that the music and the lyrics brought to the room was electrifying.

Ms. Z asked for comments after we did the initial run-through. These included:

  • "wow, I did not expect something that powerful"
  • "it honestly gave me goosebumps"
  • "the melody is really catchy"
  • "the fact that a student wrote this is really impressive"
and perhaps my favorite…

  • "wait, Michael wrote this?"
This was an incredible day, and I'm still running on adrenaline. I just want to hear it over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment