Monday, May 12, 2014

Happiness Revisited

(1)-I am happiest when I am making music with other people. It is so fulfilling to me, and I love the collaboration and passion that goes into every note, beat, and rhythm. Being with my family and making music are my happiest moments. I love to be around those that love me, and I know my family does, and I have a pretty good feeling that music feels the same way about me as I feel about it.

(2)-"Happiness Revisited" is a very interesting article concerning how happiness is created. The other believes that happiness cannot be sought after, nor can it just simply happen. He argues that we have to work in order to achieve happiness. While he makes a strong argument, I do not necessarily agree with him. I have always been taught that "do what you love, and you'll never work a day in your life". When I am making music, I do not consider that work, yet it is one of my happiest moments, simply because I'm doing what I love.

(3)-I believe I would fall in two categories, and I think the two work against each other. I am underachieving, yet also overly stressed. This is simply the flow of my life. I stress about everything that I have to get done, so I shy away from it and distract myself, which, in turn, causes me to underachieve. I could do everything so much better if I were disciplined and diligent about completing my work, regardless of any outside circumstances.

I know that we were supposed to learn a lesson from this article, however, I really did not agree with it. It only strengthened my belief that happiness comes in any form you might perceive it to be. True happiness is what you make it out to be. Happiness is only universal by definition, not by reality.

(Wow, that was all really deep. I hope you all go and sleep on that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment