Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Out of the Rut

Yesterday, we discussed in class different ways to get ourselves out of the rut, because this is a time when most students start to relax and become lazy about their projects. Fortunately for me, I already had that problem, so everything is just starting to really get going. 

Anyways, these are some of the things that I need to do in the next few weeks.


Things I want to accomplish:

  • Finalize the lyrics
  • Experiment with different chords to see which have more "power" for the listener
  • Closely examine other local alma maters and find similarities 
  • FINISH THE PROJECT…yeah
  • Make sure I'm not simply trying to get a good grade, but that I'm really learning everything that needs to be reproduced for this project

Things to talk to Ms. Zaryski about:

  • What does my exact time table need to be to get this done?
  • Making sure all the parts are singable
  • What should the final product look like in order to look "official"?

Need to know:


  • How should I include secondary functions?
  • How do I insert lyrics into Finale?
  • What keys are good to sing in?
  • How long should this thing be?
  • How will other people feel about changing the alma mater?

No comments:

Post a Comment