Tuesday, May 13, 2014

How to Take Advice

About a week ago, Ms. Lord commented on one of my posts when I had asked for any suggestions regarding the lyrics.

She noted that the line "stumble and fall" is used quite often in Alma Maters, and perhaps I could come up with something slightly more unique or original.

When I first read this it made perfect sense. However, as I looked at ways to change it, I became seemingly more attached to that line. I am struggling with changing it because I really like how it flows along with the melody because it creates somewhat of a musical onomatopoeia with the words "stumble and fall" occurring on a descending musical line, just as if the music itself is "stumbling and falling" downward.

Anyway, it has been a serious stumbling block for me lately, so I'm going to leave it alone for a few days or weeks and I'll come back to it after my brain has had some time to absorb new ideas.

For now, I need to start putting my musical ideas into my Finale PrintMusic Software. Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment