Monday, May 26, 2014

Let's Get it Done

With the choir concert over, our days seem rather dull in rehearsal, but not for long, because it's time to unveil the brand new IHS Alma Mater…once it's finished…right…

This is the week it all comes to an end so that we can start rehearsing for graduation.
Ms. Zaryski and I have been meeting every day for about an hour and a half to two hours to really make sure that we're on the same page. While I'm able to use sources to determine what is singable and what isn't, she is a very trustworthy source for knowing what this specific choir is capable of.

She recently came to me with some suggestions for the form of the piece, which I thought we had already determined, but as with everything, there is always opportunity for revision. She suggested we try the form AABA Coda in order to increase the length, because right now, it is not substantial enough to carry any weight with the student body.

This week, I will focus my energy on writing two more verses to accompany the one I have already. Now that I have the melody and the harmonies, this shouldn't take long. My goal is to have this done by Wednesday so that I can meet with Ms. Zaryski and make any necessary revisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment